Icom 7300

dockgray@...

In case anyone is having trouble with the connection between the 7300 and the loop controller (1) Loftur's cable diagram is correct - the jack socket on the 7300 has no connections internally for the ring, only for the tip and sleeve: I used a 2 point jack at the 7300 and a three point jack at the controller, and (2) I found setting the controller to Radio Type Icom CI-V Auto worked fine whereas Poll did not work at all. I now can move readily between my KX3 and the 7300.

Gill

Spent quite a while figuring this out.  Was using stereo plugs.  Had to short tip and ring to get it to work.  Using a mono plug would be the right way to do it.
Gill
W4BXA