Topics

Correct Control Head?

Patrick

I ordered a control head and it doesn't exactly match what I'm seeing in the pictures on the website so I thought I'd post the pictures here and make sure I got the right one or see if I need to order another one because it seems this one only has a 4 pin connection (serial?) vs the ribbon connection on the site.
What are your thoughts?

Jay Christensen

You have to remo e the daughter board.
Jay N9CFG

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021, 12:26 PM Patrick <kd7wpq@...> wrote:
I ordered a control head and it doesn't exactly match what I'm seeing in the pictures on the website so I thought I'd post the pictures here and make sure I got the right one or see if I need to order another one because it seems this one only has a 4 pin connection (serial?) vs the ribbon connection on the site.
What are your thoughts?

Patrick

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 10:42 AM, Jay Christensen wrote:
remo e the daughter board
oh, I think you had a typo and I didn't catch it right away but I believe you are saying I have to remove the daughter board.
Good to know, thank you!

Jay Christensen

Correct,  you have to remove the daughter board and install a header for the ribbon cable.
I got the same board because it was cheaper.
Works Great.

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021, 12:46 PM Patrick <kd7wpq@...> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 10:42 AM, Jay Christensen wrote:
remo e the daughter board
oh, I think you had a typo and I didn't catch it right away but I believe you are saying I have to remove the daughter board.
Good to know, thank you!

Patrick

Ahh! OK, thank you for the reply.
I haven't gotten to that part and when I ordered it my focus wasn't the cost but the correct part.

All I care about at the moment is that it's going to work.
I'll post more as I progress but the main board is still in progress and I'll work on it between everything else in life.
Again, thank you for the reply!!!

Leonard A. Gucciardo KD2NEN

Remove the serial board from the display. It is not needed. The DRV8825 is in the right direction.

Leonard A. Gucciardo
KD2NEN

--
LennyG KD2NEN