Topics

xmllistnpa.php used to return a list of valid area codes

Daniel Bravo

Referencing http://localcallingguide.com/xmllistnpa.php used to return a list of valid area code in xml format.  How it seems that it requires an npa to be entered individually.  Is there a wild card that I can apply to get the entire list in one shot?

I.e., something similar to http://localcallingguide.com/xmllistnpa.php?npa=*

Regards,
Dan

czg7777@...

This script used to return a list of all area codes, but suffered from major performance problems because it did a full scan of the NPA-NXX table to find all area codes that had prefixes assigned to them. Now it just does a lookup from a different table, and shows the overlay pattern (if the area code is part of an overlay complex), regardless of whether any prefixes are assigned. All of the XML queries currently require at least one parameter to function correctly, but I suppose I could find a way to modify this query to do a simple list - no guarantees as to when I will have time to do it.

Daniel Bravo

Thank you for your reply.  I know that you are busy and that you do this in your spare time, so I understand that you do not have the timing as of yet in regards to modifying the code for xmllistnpa.php to provide a simple list of area codes.

If you have a flat file that you generated in the past from testing xmllistnpa.php that has a list of valid area codes from 200-999, that would help be greatly.  The list does not have to be in XML format, but if it is, all the better.

Regards,
Dan

This script used to return a list of all area codes, but suffered from major performance problems because it did a full scan of the NPA-NXX table to find all area codes that had prefixes assigned to them. Now it just does a lookup from a different table, and shows the overlay pattern (if the area code is part of an overlay complex), regardless of whether any prefixes are assigned. All of the XML queries currently require at least one parameter to function correctly, but I suppose I could find a way to modify this query to do a simple list - no guarantees as to when I will have time to do it.

sully0673

If you require a one-time list of area codes or exchanges please feel free to email me. We could provide the information in various formats if you want.

Best Regards,

Ed Sullivan

---In local-calling-guide@..., <piruli0916@...> wrote :

[...]

I queried xmllistnpa.php once a month for the latest npa list, so ideally I would prefer xmllistnpa to function as it once had. However, I can make due with a static list in the following format:

         216

         217

</root>

Daniel S. Bravo

This script used to return a list of all area codes, but suffered from major performance problems because it did a full scan of the NPA-NXX table to find all area codes that had prefixes assigned to them. Now it just does a lookup from a different table, and shows the overlay pattern (if the area code is part of an overlay complex), regardless of whether any prefixes are assigned. All of the XML queries currently require at least one parameter to function correctly, but I suppose I could find a way to modify this query to do a simple list - no guarantees as to when I will have time to do it.

Daniel Bravo

Thank you so much.  Very much appreciated.

Daniel S. Bravo