Topics

What is the source of your data?

Mike Chen

Hi Local Calling Guide Team,

We here at TollFreeForwarding.com love your website, and if you check your logs, you’ll see that someone from our office in sunny Los Angeles is visiting your site on the daily! Anyhow, we are wondering if the raw data is available somewhere, or what is the source of the data? Would it be possible for us to get a copy of it? Fetching everything through the XML query page (http://localcallingguide.com/xmlquery.php) seems like a lot of trouble to go through if the raw database or CSV is available for download somewhere already. Thank you so much for your work!

Mike Chen

+1-213-452-1505

mike.chen@...

czg7777

Hi Mike,

The database is not currently available for download. NPA-NXX information comes from NANPA and CNA plus various other regulatory entities. Local calling information is from tariffs that I have translated. This takes a fair bit of work, and since this isn't my full-time job, there is not really an incentive for me to provide extracts, at least not for free...

Ray

Charles Goldsmith

All it takes is a script to query the XML and import it into a table, that's what I've been doing and works well.

Thanks for the site Ray!