Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 17:20:23 -0600
From: "Ryan M. Landry" <audubon5425@...>
To: telecomdigestmoderator@....
Subject: R.I.P. Mark J. Cuccia

Mr. Horne,

Just a short note to inform Telecom Digest that Mark J. Cuccia passed
away yesterday.  He was from New Orleans and contributed to TD for
many years.  I know he had friends in the telecom industry and I
thought you may want to mention it.

Regards,

Ryan M. Landry
Chalmette, La.

***** Moderator's Note *****

Mark was a long-time contributor who did a lot to help the Digest.
We'll miss him.

His obituary appears at
http://obits.nola.com/obituaries/nola/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=169165433

Bill Horne
Moderator

-----------------------------------

Dave Perrussel
Webmaster - Telephone World
http://www.phworld.org

Carl Black

There are just no words. It's amazing how connected we can feel to folks we've never met.

I remember feeling overwhelmed when Stanley (roamer1) died suddenly. I'd originally "known" him through his LJ account back in the 90s. We had people in common and even worked barely a block apart. I'd often thought of suggesting we have lunch one day, just because. Then, he was gone.

Now, Mark, whose emails and amazing knowledge have filled my box for over a decade. What a treasure this man was! I know we are all thankful and grateful for his tremendous expertise and prolific correspondence.

Cheers, buddy. They're lucky to have you up there. Hope you'll get to meet Stanley and perhaps Bell himself. :)

Carl Black
Atlanta, GA

On Jan 19, 2014, at 9:38 PM, diamond4545@... wrote:

To members of the Local Calling Guide list:

This was posted to the Telecom Digest by Mark Cuccia's cousin Ryan Landry. I know that Mark posted to this Yahoo Group on a semi-regular basis:
-----------------------------------

Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 17:20:23 -0600
From: "Ryan M. Landry"
To: telecomdigestmoderator@....

Mr. Horne,

Just a short note to inform Telecom Digest that Mark J. Cuccia passed
away yesterday.  He was from New Orleans and contributed to TD for
many years.  I know he had friends in the telecom industry and I
thought you may want to mention it.

Regards,

Ryan M. Landry
Chalmette, La.

***** Moderator's Note *****

Mark was a long-time contributor who did a lot to help the Digest.
We'll miss him.

His obituary appears at
http://obits.nola.com/obituaries/nola/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=169165433

Bill Horne
Moderator

Dave Perrussel
Webmaster - Telephone World
http://www.phworld.org

Ray Chow <czg7777@...>

Mark was a frequent contributor to local-calling-guide and telnum, and we occasionally corresponded privately too, though ironically we never did get to talk on the phone. Now it is too late.

Without Mark’s encouragement, localcallingguide.com simply would not exist.

Thanks

Ray Chow
Toronto, ON