Topics

OMNIPOINT/TMOBILE Info Incorrect

Justin

I'm not sure I'm writing the correct email address, but I'm curious as to why

OCN: 6626 OMNIPOINT COMMUNICATIONS ENTERPRISES, L.P.

has not been updated to TMOBILE on the local-calling-guide website? for example: area code 484 prefix 995 says OMNIPOINT and eventually ended up to be TMOBILE.

Thanks, Justin
San Diego

czg7777

Hi, Justin:

NANPA still shows it as Omnipoint in their databases. LCG does the same thing but the URL goes to TMobile.

On Sep 17, 2018, at 2:37 PM, Justin <jb_92104@...> wrote:

I'm not sure I'm writing the correct email address, but I'm curious as to why

OCN: 6626 OMNIPOINT COMMUNICATIONS ENTERPRISES, L.P.

has not been updated to TMOBILE on the local-calling-guide website? for example: area code 484 prefix 995 says OMNIPOINT and eventually ended up to be TMOBILE.

Thanks, Justin
San Diego

John Novack

Probably a corporate or legal reason.
Omipoint was bought/merged into VoiceStream MANY years ago, along with PowerTel and perhaps some others. 20 years ago perhaps?
VoiceStream changed their name to T-Mobile MORE than 10 years ago.
All sorts of legal reasons the NANPA shows names that are different than a company marketing name used for public consumption.

John Novack

--

Dog is my Co-pilot