Topics

HTTPS with CloudFlare

mike@...

I noticed that sometime late yesterday I began having issues querying the API because of some TLS errors. The site comes up fine in a web browser, but if I run curl from my CentOS 7 machine or my OS X machine, I get errors about an SSL record exceeding the maximum permissible length or unknown protocol.

Anybody else run into this?

czg7777

Are you querying with HTTPS? Assuming I have configured Cloudflare correctly, all traffic should be routed via HTTPS now.

mike@...

Yep, see below:

$ curl -v https://localcallingguide.com

* About to connect() to localcallingguide.com port 443 (#0)

*   Trying 204.11.194.30...

* Connected to localcallingguide.com (204.11.194.30) port 443 (#0)

* Initializing NSS with certpath: sql:/etc/pki/nssdb

*   CAfile: /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt

  CApath: none

* NSS error -12263 (SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG)

* SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

* Closing connection 0

curl: (35) SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

mike@...

Never mind, I figured it out.

There was a cached DNS entry in my recursive server with a long TTL for localcallingguide.com

czg7777

Yes. I was going to point out that you should be seeing a Cloudflare IP, not that one.