Re: Mobile number portability

belanger@...

My question was in reference to the definition on telephone portability. See below. It could be that I misinterpret the part on geographic portability.

As czg7777 mentioned, landline caller have long distance reaching me on my cell phone. So I thought that if geographic portability is provided by some means I could request my cell phone number to be moved to the city where I actually live?

Local number portability (LNP) for fixed lines, and full mobile number portability (FMNP) for mobile phone lines, refers to the ability of a "customer of record" of an existing fixed-line or mobile telephone number assigned by a local exchange carrier (LEC) to reassign the number to another carrier ("service provider portability"), move it to another location ("geographic portability"), or change the type of service ("service portability").[1]

Join local-calling-guide@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.