FLrig Remote


Adrian Fewster, VK4TUX
 

I have FLrig on my IC-735 on windows, and wanted to also be able to control it from my Linux PC.
Is there a TCP remote feature/program  I can run on Linux, that can network connect over lan to the
Windows serial connected FLrig to then control the rig from Linux ?

I do see some tcp features in FLrig.

Thankyou

Adrian Fewster


Dave, W1HKJ
 

Transceiver at remote site; run socat for the serial to tcpip two-way connection.

At local site; run flrig and use the tcpip interface to connect to remote site.  tcpip connect can be over LAN or WAN.

David

On 11/18/22 18:19, Adrian Fewster, VK4TUX wrote:

I have FLrig on my IC-735 on windows, and wanted to also be able to control it from my Linux PC.
Is there a TCP remote feature/program  I can run on Linux, that can network connect over lan to the
Windows serial connected FLrig to then control the rig from Linux ?

I do see some tcp features in FLrig.

Thankyou

Adrian Fewster


Adrian Fewster, VK4TUX
 

Thankyou David, I wanted to maintain the Windows FLrig control on the Host Windows machine, and be able to tap into that from the linux box with some network method.

 It seems not possible then. A vnc access etc may be the only method. Thankyou for the response.


73


Adrian  ...  vk4tux

On 19/11/22 14:06, Dave, W1HKJ wrote:

Transceiver at remote site; run socat for the serial to tcpip two-way connection.

At local site; run flrig and use the tcpip interface to connect to remote site.  tcpip connect can be over LAN or WAN.

David

On 11/18/22 18:19, Adrian Fewster, VK4TUX wrote:
I have FLrig on my IC-735 on windows, and wanted to also be able to control it from my Linux PC.
Is there a TCP remote feature/program  I can run on Linux, that can network connect over lan to the
Windows serial connected FLrig to then control the rig from Linux ?

I do see some tcp features in FLrig.

Thankyou

Adrian Fewster


Dave, W1HKJ
 

flrig's xmlrpc server will support a client via either LAN or WAN.  That client might be fldigi or a 3rd party application using the latest hamlib.  You might have to use a secure shell tunnel over the WAN.  I routinely run flrig on a separate computer than the fldigi client.  Works independent of operating system(s).

flrig only supports the xmlrpc server and is not written to also act as a client to another instance of flrig.

David

On 11/18/22 22:29, Adrian Fewster, VK4TUX wrote:

Thankyou David, I wanted to maintain the Windows FLrig control on the Host Windows machine, and be able to tap into that from the linux box with some network method.

 It seems not possible then. A vnc access etc may be the only method. Thankyou for the response.


73


Adrian  ...  vk4tux

On 19/11/22 14:06, Dave, W1HKJ wrote:
Transceiver at remote site; run socat for the serial to tcpip two-way connection.

At local site; run flrig and use the tcpip interface to connect to remote site.  tcpip connect can be over LAN or WAN.

David

On 11/18/22 18:19, Adrian Fewster, VK4TUX wrote:
I have FLrig on my IC-735 on windows, and wanted to also be able to control it from my Linux PC.
Is there a TCP remote feature/program  I can run on Linux, that can network connect over lan to the
Windows serial connected FLrig to then control the rig from Linux ?

I do see some tcp features in FLrig.

Thankyou

Adrian Fewster



Don Melcher, W6CZ
 

Dave

What do you use for the audio path?
--
73
Don
W6CZ


Dave, W1HKJ
 

Dave

What do you use for the audio path?
--
73
Don
W6CZ


Fred_N8YX
 

Slight bump:

Do either flrig or fldigi support a web server so that another device with a browser can connect and control the various functions?

I have a tablet with a default browser installed. Can't easily get all the required build resources installed to compile flrig/fldigi from source but I can browse my LAN from it. Would be an ideal solution for lightweight remote control if the capability to serve the applets via HTML exists.

73 - Fred, N8YX


Cliff, AE5ZA
 

Sorry, but that capability does not exist at this time.

You can use other remote control apps like NoMachine to control another computer that is more capable.

73,
Cliff, AE5ZA

On Dec 29, 2022, at 20:02, Fred_N8YX <N8YX@...> wrote:

Slight bump:

Do either flrig or fldigi support a web server so that another device with a browser can connect and control the various functions?

I have a tablet with a default browser installed. Can't easily get all the required build resources installed to compile flrig/fldigi from source but I can browse my LAN from it. Would be an ideal solution for lightweight remote control if the capability to serve the applets via HTML exists.

73 - Fred, N8YX


Don Melcher, W6CZ
 

Fred

Can you install RealVNC? I use that often from my phone to control my station from various devices. 
--
73
Don
W6CZ


Fred_N8YX
 

Will give it a whirl later today Don.

73 - Fred, N8YX


A Kiddoo, KT0TT
 

I vote for NoMachine also. Has audio transport built-in and it works. Available for all platforms.