moderated TAPR 30M WSPR-PI kit instructions #raspberrypi #wsjtx

w4oa@arrl.net <w4oa@...>

I recently acquired the kit version of the TAPR 30M WSPR-PI kit. A card came with the kit to go to the TAPR website for building instructions. Unfortunately, TAPR has retired the kit (new version is not a kit, already built). TAPR has a new web site and the instructions for this old kit is not there. Does anyone have the instructions that they can email to me? The new version is not a kit, it is already built.

Tnx
Mitch W4OA
Opelika, AL

G8DQX

Mitch,

you could try https://tapr.org/wspr-on-20-30-and-40-meters/#comment-7849, which offers a document https://web.tapr.org/pdf/WSPR-WIthout-Tears-30m-and-40m.pdf. I suspect that the necessary image card is the one at the bottom of https://tapr.org/product/wspr-without-tears-30-or-40m/.

HTH, 73, Stay Safe,

Robin, G8DQX

PS: It was all well hidden!

On 18/11/2020 17:59, w4oa@... wrote:
I recently acquired the kit version of the TAPR 30M WSPR-PI kit. A card came with the kit to go to the TAPR website for building instructions. Unfortunately, TAPR has retired the kit (new version is not a kit, already built). TAPR has a new web site and the instructions for this old kit is not there. Does anyone have the instructions that they can email to me? The new version is not a kit, it is already built.

Tnx
Mitch W4OA
Opelika, AL
_._,_._,_

w4oa@arrl.net <w4oa@...>

Thanks for the response Robin, but the documentation you linked to is for the current offered assembled only unit. The prior product was a kit, and I have the kit, so I need the kit assembly instructions.

I may can figure it out, I have been able to trace the resistors to the current unit schematic. However, the filter components will be a bit of work, which I would like to avoid if possible.

Mitch W4OA
Opelika, AL

G8DQX

Mitch,

the Web Archive's wayback machine was no help, the relevant page did not seem ot have been archived! You could try a direct approach to TAPR.

Good luck! 73, Stay Safe,

Robin, G8DQX

On 18/11/2020 23:27, w4oa@... wrote:
Thanks for the response Robin, but the documentation you linked to is for the current offered assembled only unit. The prior product was a kit, and I have the kit, so I need the kit assembly instructions.

I may can figure it out, I have been able to trace the resistors to the current unit schematic. However, the filter components will be a bit of work, which I would like to avoid if possible.

Mitch W4OA
Opelika, AL

w4oa@arrl.net <w4oa@...>

Yes Robin, I had tried the wayback machine! I also sent an email to TAPR but based upon prior experience, they are a little slow to respond. If I get the instructions, i'l put them in the files section here. If not, I'll slug through which component goes where...

Mitch, W4OA

Dave, GØWBX

I just found this, including the schematic.   Was indeed "Very Well hidden"...

https://web.tapr.org/pdf/WSPR-WIthout-Tears-30m-and-40m.pdf

Should help somewhat perhaps.

73.

Dave G0WBX.

--
Created on and sent from a Unix like PC running and using free and open source software:

w4oa@arrl.net <w4oa@...>

Thanks, that helps, at least a side view of the assembled kit board. But, still no component values for the output filter on the schematic. I'll look at some 30m filter designs and I should be able to figure out the component values.

I'll post back with the filter values once I get them figured out.

Mitch, W4OA
Opelika AL

w4oa@arrl.net <w4oa@...>

OK, solution found. For the 30M WSPR-PI TAPR kit, c4 and c7 are 270 pf, and c5 and c6 are 560 pf. The inductors l2 and l4 are 1uf, and inductor l3 is 2.5 uf. I will try to attach a picture of the output of the kit on my TinySA spectrum analyzer adjusted for 200 mw output at 10.140 mhz, the wspr 30m frequency. The close in noise is a little high, but spurs are way down, and it probably meets FCC specs.

Mitch W4OA
ps if you haven't ordered your TinySA yet, get yourself one for Christmas. For only $50, it is spectacular!