moderated FLRIG will not initialize TS-590S after adding Sound card info to Ardop #flrig #pi3 #ts-590s

martan1912, KJ6PVR

Good Morning, I had Flrig working just fine on my Raspberry Pi3 (latest raspbian buster). After watching a video on youtube I was installing PAT and Ardop and after I added a line
cd ~/ardop
./piardopc 8515 plughw:1,0 plughw:1,0
my Flrig will not initialize my radio no matter what I do. I don't know what happened in the background, but no matter what port I select in Transceiver port config, it will not work. I think I made a mistake entering that line since that video had instructions for setup with sound card like Signalink. I connect my Kenwood TS-590S radio direct with USB cable so I guess the entry should have been different.
Is there any way to get my Flrig working again without doing everything from scratch again?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

martan1912, KJ6PVR

Just to make it more clear what I was doing, here is the video I followed, the step that "broke" my Flrig at 3:19. After that I could not get it working and I don't know how to reverse it.
https://youtu.be/BgqsTbxzR4E?t=197

Dave, W1HKJ

My guess is that you started a background process that has opened and captured the virtual USB serial port on the TS-590S.  Suggest you look for that process(s) using either the cli program 'top', 'htop', or the gui 'Task manager'.  Identify the pid of the offending demon and kill it.

73, David, W1HKJ

martan1912, KJ6PVR

Thank you for your reply. I did look, but I'm having trouble identifying the one that might be capturing it. PAT was configured to run on boot, I killed that, I don't see anything else there that could use that port. This was a very fresh install on the SD card, All I did was installed PAT Winlink, Flrig and Ardop.

martan1912, KJ6PVR

Here is the screenshot of TOP, anything there that could be causing it?

martan1912, KJ6PVR

And here is HTOP

Dave, W1HKJ

Use 'lsof' to find which process is using the serial port(s):

on my Pi3 / FT-897D

$ lsof /dev/ttyUSB*
flrig   1084 hamop    9u   CHR  188,2      0t0 8983 /dev/ttyUSB2
fldigi  1087 hamop   55u   CHR  188,0      0t0 8874 /dev/ttyUSB0

/dev/ttyUSB2 is the serial USB device for CAT on the FT-897D.

/dev/ttyUSB0 is the Arduino nano on my homebrew nanoIO CW/RTTY controller.

73, David, W1HKJ

martan1912, KJ6PVR

This command does not return anything:
pi@ham-pi:~ $ lsof /dev/ttyUSB*
pi@ham-pi:~ $

Dave, W1HKJ

What response from the cli, 'lsusb' ?

Dave

On 11/26/19 10:26 AM, martan1912, KJ6PVR wrote:
This command does not return anything:
pi@ham-pi:~ $ lsof /dev/ttyUSB*
pi@ham-pi:~ $

martan1912, KJ6PVR

pi@ham-pi:~ $ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 011: ID 10c4:ea60 Cygnal Integrated Products, Inc. CP2102/CP2109 UART Bridge Controller [CP210x family]
Bus 001 Device 010: ID 08bb:29b3 Texas Instruments PCM2903B Audio CODEC
Bus 001 Device 009: ID 0424:2512 Standard Microsystems Corp. USB 2.0 Hub
Bus 001 Device 007: ID 1546:01a7 U-Blox AG [u-blox 7]
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 046d:c52b Logitech, Inc. Unifying Receiver
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMC9514 Hub

The very first is my TS-590S

martan1912, KJ6PVR

How would I reference this information to a process I need to kill in order to get Flrig to pick up the port again?
Sorry about questions that might have obvious answers to you, Linux is not my strong side as you can tell. But I'm learning...