moderated Package Source Wanted - FLDigi for Raspberry Pi Stretch #fldigi #pi3

AA7US

Greetings,

I'm running Raspbian Stretch on a Raspberry Pi 3B+.  The OS only has fldigi-3.23.14-1 available in the package directory and I'd like to run something closer to the latest version.  Some internet searching lead me to the following detailed guide on compiling from source so I thought I'd give it a try.

http://kk5jy.net/fldigi-build/

Following the steps carefully I was able to build and install the latest versions of hamlib and flrig without any problems, but when I got to fldigi, the complier threw out a bunch of errors about 2/3 of the way through (which were Greek to me) and ultimately the build failed.  Needless to say it won't install.

Does anyone know of a package source where someone is already compiling and making the newest versions of fldigi available for Raspbian Stretch?

Thank you.
--
73,

John
AA7US

Dave R kd6il

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019, 11:54 John Landry, AA7US <landrjoh@...> wrote:
[...]

Harry Bloomberg, W3YJ

I will speculate you are running out of swap space on your Pi.   The instructions provided by KD6IL describe how to work around this.  It's found about half-way into the   instructions.

73,
Harry Bloomberg  W3YJ

AA7US

THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!

That worked great.  Compiled and now running latest version.
--
73,

John
AA7US