moderated #fldigi #tnc-pi2 #pi3 #fldigi #tnc-pi2 #pi3

Andrey

Hi

I have Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and got TNC-PI 2 from Coastal ChipWorks and trying to setup with FT-60R and fldigi but no luck. On first try got problem with connecting tnc-pi with pi pitnc_getparams was printing Trying..... forever, after fresh install raspbian got response so at least hardware ok. Any idea how to get work fldigi with tnc-pi?

73

Andrey KD2CUP

David Ranch, KI6ZHD

Hello Andrey,

I have Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and got TNC-PI 2

When you say TNC-Pi 2, do you mean the TNC-Pi9k6?   Regardless of which version, this won't work.  Both the TNC-Pi unit as well as the Fldigi program acts as the modem and you can't have two modems.

What are you ultimately trying to do?  Do AX25 packet or do other various data modes (PSK31, RTTY, MFSK, etc)?

--David
KI6ZHD

from Coastal ChipWorks and trying to setup with FT-60R and fldigi but no luck. On first try got problem with connecting tnc-pi with pi pitnc_getparams was printing Trying..... forever, after fresh install raspbian got response so at least hardware ok. Any idea how to get work fldigi with tnc-pi?

73

Andrey

Hello David
I mean TNC-Pi 2 it's 1200 baud. I try to do PSK31.

Andrey
KD2CUP

David Ranch, KI6ZHD

Hello Andrey,

Ok, understood.  NO, the TNC-Pi cannot do PSK31.  To do PSK31, you only need a an inexpensive USB sound device such as:

DIY:

   - Syba SD-CM-UAUD :: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812186035&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-USB+Converters-_-N82E16812186035&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhOKbpPH53AIVBMpkCh0V5wlmEAQYAiABEgIRX_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

   - To key up the radio, you can use one of the GPIO pins on the Raspberry pi and a simple transistor circuit

If you want something more pre-built, consider:

   Signalink
   RigExpert
   West Mountain RigBlaster Advantage  (I don't recommend the PnP or any other unit that doesn't include it's own sound device)
   Timewave Navigator

   Many others:  https://www.gigaparts.com/products/software-and-pc-interface

All of these are complete units with sound card isolation and other nice features.

--David
KI6ZHD

Andrey

On Sun, Aug 19, 2018 at 03:58 PM, David Ranch wrote:
NO, the TNC-Pi cannot do PSK31
Thanks
It's all what I need to know.

--