moderated Fldigi 4.1.18 & 4.1.20 display BPSK31 characters at a faster rate than Fldigi 4.1.16 #fldigi #pi3

Stephen, KO4CVU

Platform: Raspberry Pi 3B
Mode: BPSK31

OS: Raspian 3.6
Fldigi: 4.1.18 & 4.1.20
versus
OS: Raspian 3.4
Fldigi: 4.1.16

Symptoms:
1. Characters are displayed faster in the upper message window when attempting to send a message with 4.1.18 and 4.1.20 than in 4.1.16
2. Unable to get responses to CQ calls or establish  QSO's in 4.1.18 and 4.1.20 BUT can complete QSO's consistently with 4.1.16

I initially observed this phenomena earlier this year when I upgraded to 4.1.18 after it was released. I stopped trying to use the Pi and hoped that a subsequent release would behave differently. Unfortunately, I am still having the same problem on the Pi.

Does the rate at which the characters appear in the upper message window indicate the rate at which they are being transmitted? If so, why is the rate faster in 4.1.18 and 4.1.20? Have I got a parameter set incorrectly somewhere?

Thanks,

Stephen, KO4CVU

--

Join linuxham@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.