moderated Re: fldigi 4.1.16 Pulse Audio configuration issue #raspberrypi #pi3

Cliff, AE5ZA

Dan,

In the Pulse Audio Volume Control config page I have 3 lines, the first two refer to the built in audio. The third is labeled PCM2901 Audio Codec which is the sound card in the rig.  It’s profile is “Analog Stereo Duplex”.

Under Input Devices I show only one item and it is the PCM2901 as well. Output devices has the PCM2901 as the last in a list of 3. Have to scroll down to see it.

Recording has the PCM2901 with a Fldigi icon to the left of it indicating that it is connected to fldigi. I set the volume to 100% and leave that alone. I find it often starts out lower in a new install and it seems like the sound isn’t working, but it’s just too low.

Playback shows two lines and the second is the PCM2901 with a fldigi icon and again set at 100%. With that too low you won’t see TX power out or very weak power.

Hope this helps.

73,
Cliff, AE5ZA

On Nov 19, 2020, at 10:48, Dave - N9QNZ <dave@...> wrote:

Sorry...should have added that you should ignore the top line (xrdp).  I'm working on routing audio over a remote desktop session to the Raspberry Pi.

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 11:47 AM David Vrona <dave@...> wrote:
I think your recording tab should look like the attached.

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 11:31 AM Dan, N1UKJ <uspt@...> wrote:
hi Cliff - AE5ZA,

well, i can't say all is working just yet but we did get rid of the roadblock - "Server String" texbox issue !

could you provide me with the setting on your RaspberryPi in the Pulse Audio Volume Control panel, specifically
in the Configuration tab ?

i'm interested in knowing what you have showing for those 3 settings.

thanks,
73's
dan - N1UKJ

Join linuxham@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.