moderated Re: fldigi and rigCAT on Raspberry Pi

Raul M0ZZM

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 11:30 PM, Marty Hartwell wrote:
Ok I am going to jump in briefly. If you are using fldigi then the
rig.xml file is to be put in the hidden folder .fldigi/rigs.
Correct. I have done this and it works well.

On the Raspberry PI you maybe should create a user and put that id
in the dialout group. The pi user will work but it has root control
I believe.
I do have another user available and would be happy to transfer the use of fldigi/flrig to that user. Does this mean that if I add the other user to the dialout group I'll then find the fldigi configuration in the new user profile?

There are instructions as a wiki on Dave's web site for building on
Debian and Raspberry PI that gives the how to very well. I can't remember if you said you had those or not.
I am going through one bit at a time. The problem is that I probably need to read from the beginning to the end, which I haven't done so far as I was trying to patch the system on the fly.

Thanks for the comments.

Raul M0ZZM

Join linuxham@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.