From: linkshare@groups.io <linkshare@groups.io> on behalf of Hope Williamson via Groups.Io <isepic=lavabit.com@groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2018 7:44:18 PM
To: linkshare@groups.io
Subject: [linkshare] Friendsgiving.

I have to admit, I heard someone actually say this out loud the other day, and it kind of put me off. I think it was on one of the mainstream tech-related podcasts I listen to. I’ve never actually heard this said before other than by a screen reader so I was like wait… people actually use that term? Needless to say, I’ve done a bit of research and found a history of where it came from.
We can all blame Twitter, of course! Well so says this article from Real Simple. https://www.realsimple.com/holidays-entertaining/holidays/thanksgiving/what-is-friendsgiving
Another, shorter article on this comes from Home Chef. https://thetable.homechef.com/brief-history-friendsgiving/
If you just need a definition, well… it’s Thanksgiving with your friends, this site will do it for you. http://www.friendsgivingideas.com/friendsgiving-defined/ No, I didn’t look at anything else there, and I’m definitely not affiliated lol. Maybe I’ll be less put off by the term next time I hear it.

Join linkshare@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.