Topics

Verizon Wireless vs. T-Mobile

Fred Dodd

Curious about others' experiences with T-Mobile (post merger with Sprint). We've been happy Verizon Wireless customers but my son-in-law suggests we join them on a T-mobile promotion plan with lower rates and good discounts for new phones. I'm wondering about T-Mobile's real coverage (not just what the coverage map says) in Lexington and nearby. Also about T-Mobile's customer service.
--
Fred Dodd

Shailesh Prajapati

We had trouble with coverage in and around lexington with T-Mobile but this was before th merger. I am interested in hearing about experiences post merger.

On Oct 19, 2020, at 9:36 PM, Fred Dodd <fpdmail@...> wrote:

Curious about others' experiences with T-Mobile (post merger with Sprint). We've been happy Verizon Wireless customers but my son-in-law suggests we join them on a T-mobile promotion plan with lower rates and good discounts for new phones. I'm wondering about T-Mobile's real coverage (not just what the coverage map says) in Lexington and nearby. Also about T-Mobile's customer service.
--
Fred Dodd

Henry Stevenson

Fred,

We were going to Europe and found out that T-Mobile was the one to go with over there.  So we converted
our Verizon Phones to T-Mobile.    Disaster was putting mildly.   Once we got to Europe we could not get
any cell coverage only Hotel Wireless.   I called T-Mobile numerous times and every time I got a different
solution and none worked.  Once we returned to Lexington we found there was no coverage and we could not
text.   Again, call after call to no avail.

I blame it on the fact we were using Verizon phones poorly configured to T-Mobile.  Maybe if we had had T-Mobile
phones we would have had a better experience.    Drive up and down 128 I got no coverage.

Maybe that's changed.

Good Luck,

Henry

Curious about others' experiences with T-Mobile (post merger with Sprint). We've been happy Verizon Wireless customers but my son-in-law suggests we join them on a T-mobile promotion plan with lower rates and good discounts for new phones. I'm wondering about T-Mobile's real coverage (not just what the coverage map says) in Lexington and nearby. Also about T-Mobile's customer service.
--
Fred Dodd

Gauri Rahul Nair

Hello,

We changed to T Mobile last year before we went to the UK because we got sick of Verizon's expensive international plan options, and the T-Mobile coverage was excellent. Also in India actually (and on CDG airport en route). We had Verizon phones (all iphones) and did not have issues. I am very pleased with T-mobile. We have not had any issues with coverage in Lexington either or MA in general.

Best,

Gauri