From: lexington@groups.io <lexington@groups.io> On Behalf Of JJ Krawczyk
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 4:38 PM
To: Lexington List <lexington@groups.io>
Subject: [lexington] Halloween from the demand side

We've discussed here what I'll call the supply side of Halloween: What the town will allow and what measures people might take to give out treats safely.

Of course, this doesn't matter if there is no demand; i.e., if few or any parents even take out their kids (or for the slightly older ones, allow them to go out).

So, as someone without anyone of trick or treat age in the household, is there any sort of growing consensus among parents of younger kids as to what they plan to do?

JJ Krawczyk

Nancy Lattimore

My question exactly

And what's the weather going to be like that day, JJ?

On 10/20/20 16:51, evan@... wrote:
And what's the weather going to be like that day, JJ?

Apply the JJ "Three day" rule. Don't believe a detailed forecast more than three days out.

So ask me again on the 28th / 29th or so.

JJ Krawczyk

--
Visit TurboVote to check your voter registration status, register to vote, apply for an absentee ballot, and sign up for election reminders. Pass it on!

JJ Krawczyk

On 10/20/20 16:51, evan@... wrote:
And what's the weather going to be like that day, JJ?

But back to my original inquiry.... it doesn't really matter if there aren't going to be any kids out.

JJ Krawczyk

--
Visit TurboVote to check your voter registration status, register to vote, apply for an absentee ballot, and sign up for election reminders. Pass it on!

Michelle Motta Dardeno

Good question!   We are thinking of making a kind of candy garden or graveyard (perspective is based on age) of taping wrapped candy onto wood skewers so kids can “pick” them from our front lawn all the while, maintaining social distancing/minimal  contact.  While we want to put the effort in to allow fun for the littles, if no one is going out - why bother?
Michelle

iPhone. iTypos. iApologize.

On Oct 20, 2020, at 5:54 PM, JJ Krawczyk <John.J.Krawczyk@...> wrote:

On 10/20/20 16:51, evan@... wrote:
And what's the weather going to be like that day, JJ?

But back to my original inquiry.... it doesn't really matter if there aren't going to be any kids out.

JJ Krawczyk

--
Visit TurboVote to check your voter registration status, register to vote, apply for an absentee ballot, and sign up for election reminders. Pass it on!

Lynnell Stern

I am polling my neighborhood.  So far responses are yes.  Perhaps you could do the same to see if there will be trick or treaters in your neighborhood.  I will put a table out with candy spread out at the street end of the driveway.
Lynnell

Meg Muckenhoupt

My neighborhood email group is organizing contactless trick-or-treating. I plan to have a giant spider web at the bottom of the driveway with little blinking spider rings on clothespins it for children to collect.

Meg

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 8:17 PM Lynnell Stern via groups.io <lynnellstern=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I am polling my neighborhood.  So far responses are yes.  Perhaps you could do the same to see if there will be trick or treaters in your neighborhood.  I will put a table out with candy spread out at the street end of the driveway.
Lynnell

Nancy Lattimore

I love it!

On Oct 21, 2020, at 2:13 PM, Meg Muckenhoupt <megmuck@...> wrote:

My neighborhood email group is organizing contactless trick-or-treating. I plan to have a giant spider web at the bottom of the driveway with little blinking spider rings on clothespins it for children to collect.

Meg

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 8:17 PM Lynnell Stern via groups.io <lynnellstern=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I am polling my neighborhood.  So far responses are yes.  Perhaps you could do the same to see if there will be trick or treaters in your neighborhood.  I will put a table out with candy spread out at the street end of the driveway.
Lynnell

Eileen Sussman

Google Lexingtonma.gov/Covid19:/Event Calendar for town scheduled appropriate safe events for Halloween

Placing bowl or pinning up candy
At end of driveway encourages close gathering of children rather than social distancing and multiple hands touching bowls of candy
Not good!!!

Eileen  (Long retired)
NYC PUBLIC HEALTH NURSE