Topics

fire weather watch Tuesday #Weather

JJ Krawczyk

Good news: frost issues are staying outside Lexington and we'll be having a significant warm up the next few days.

Bad news: drought situation isn't getting any better and we now have a Fire Weather Watch for tomorrow.

JJ Krawczyk

Alert for Southeast Middlesex County

Fire Weather Watch
NWS Boston/Norton MA
3:48pm EDT Mon Sep 21 2020

...FIRE WEATHER WATCH IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY MORNING THROUGH TUESDAY EVENING FOR ALL OF MASSACHUSETTS AND RHODE ISLAND...

The National Weather Service in Boston/Norton has issued a Fire
Weather Watch, which is in effect from Tuesday morning through
Tuesday evening.

* AFFECTED AREA...All of Massachusetts and all of Rhode Island.

* TIMING...9 AM until 8 PM on Tuesday.

* WINDS...North winds. Western areas 10 to 15 mph with gusts of
20 to 25 mph. Eastern areas 15 to 30 mph with gusts of 30 to 45
mph.

* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...Range from 20 to 35 percent. Driest
conditions over the interior.

* TEMPERATURES...In the 60s to lower 70s.

* IMPACTS...Dry weather and gusty winds will result in critical
fire weather conditions.

A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
Red Flag Warnings.

--
Visit TurboVote to check your voter registration status, register to vote, apply for an absentee ballot, and sign up for election reminders. Pass it on!