Topics

Environmentally friendly laundry detergent, etc.

Linda C

Alternative choices to the cleaning products that come in plastic containers (laundry detergent, soaps, lotions, etc.) keep popping up on my FB feed i.e., dissolvable  tablets for laundry, soaps instead of shampoo and more.  I wonder if anyone can recommend anything you use that you like and is effective and doesn’t come in plastic.  Thanks for all suggestions!  Linda Chisom

JJ Krawczyk

On 9/19/20 10:26, Linda C via groups.io wrote:
Alternative choices to the cleaning products that come in plastic containers (laundry detergent, soaps, lotions, etc.) keep popping up on my FB feed i.e., dissolvable  tablets for laundry, soaps instead of shampoo and more.  I wonder if anyone can recommend anything you use that you like and is effective and doesn’t come in plastic.  Thanks for all suggestions!  Linda Chisom
It isn't zero plastic, but Seventh Generation offers a laundry detergent whose outer packaging is paper.

https://www.seventhgeneration.com/concentrated-laundry-detergent-free-clear

Inside is a thin plastic bladder that holds the actual detergent. The pour spout is also plastic.

JJ Krawczyk

Cindy Arens

Cleenland is a store in Central Sq, Cambridge that has all of these items in bulk.  You bring your own container, so no extra plastic, no paper-wrapped plastic, nothing! I've been happy with the products I've purchased there. I go about once every 6 months and stock up.  https://www.cleenland.com/

-Cindy Arens
LPS Green Teams

On Sat, Sep 19, 2020 at 10:37 AM JJ Krawczyk <John.J.Krawczyk@...> wrote:
On 9/19/20 10:26, Linda C via groups.io wrote:
> Alternative choices to the cleaning products that come in plastic
> containers (laundry detergent, soaps, lotions, etc.) keep popping up
> on my FB feed i.e., dissolvable  tablets for laundry, soaps instead of
> shampoo and more.  I wonder if anyone can recommend anything you use
> that you like and is effective and doesn’t come in plastic.  Thanks
> for all suggestions!  Linda Chisom

It isn't zero plastic, but Seventh Generation offers a laundry detergent
whose outer packaging is paper.

https://www.seventhgeneration.com/concentrated-laundry-detergent-free-clear

Inside is a thin plastic bladder that holds the actual detergent. The
pour spout is also plastic.

JJ Krawczyk

Karen Griffiths

I’ve really liked the laundry detergent (and hand soap) from Blueland. The other cleaners are good as well, but I think the laundry and hand soap particularly stand out.

Karen