Topics

dining outside with tent

Susan Polansky

Hi,

I'm looking for restaurants in the general area that have outdoor seating and overhead covering to protect from rain.. Only place I know of is Texmecal in Burlington (which we've been happy with.) We haven't wanted to eat indoors at restaurants and would like to stretch the season a little.
Thanks,
Sue Polansky

Nancy Wilson

Border Cafe in Burlington, Ixrapa in Lexington, Papparazi in Concord. I'm just wondering if they have heaters 🙄
Nancy Wilson

On Fri, Oct 16, 2020, 2:45 PM Susan Polansky <Sue@...> wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for restaurants in the general area that have outdoor seating and overhead covering to protect from rain.. Only place I know of is Texmecal in Burlington (which we've been happy with.) We haven't wanted to eat indoors at restaurants and would like to stretch the season a little.
Thanks,
Sue Polansky

Susan Polansky

The Cheesecake Factory has outdoor heaters which throw off a nice amount of heat for the tables, but they don’t have overhead covering. I haven’t seen other places with outdoor heaters yet, but if anyone knows of any, I’d love to know about them. “Friday Food” is our once a week dining out (and we go ridiculously early to avoid people), and I have to admit it’s a highlight of my week!

Thanks,

Sue Polansky

Chris G

Just drove by Flatbread in Bedford/Burlington. Trying to remember if they had tents - I think so. Love their salads and of course their pizzas!

On Fri, Oct 16, 2020 at 3:02 PM Nancy Wilson <nancyw@...> wrote:
Border Cafe in Burlington, Ixrapa in Lexington, Papparazi in Concord. I'm just wondering if they have heaters 🙄
Nancy Wilson

On Fri, Oct 16, 2020, 2:45 PM Susan Polansky <Sue@...> wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for restaurants in the general area that have outdoor seating and overhead covering to protect from rain.. Only place I know of is Texmecal in Burlington (which we've been happy with.) We haven't wanted to eat indoors at restaurants and would like to stretch the season a little.
Thanks,
Sue Polansky

John Rudy

We ate in Brookline a few weeks ago and they had outdoor electric heaters, but not for every table.  So we were very cold.  So ensure that you request, ahead of time, a table with a heater

John Rudy

781-861-0402

781-718-8334 (cell)

20 Heritage Drive

Lexington, MA  02420

I'm looking for restaurants in the general area that have outdoor seating and overhead covering to protect from rain.. Only place I know of is Texmecal in Burlington (which we've been happy with.) We haven't wanted to eat indoors at restaurants and would like to stretch the season a little.
Thanks,
Sue Polansky

Nancy Lattimore

Via lago has heaters and covers

On Oct 16, 2020, at 4:30 PM, John Rudy <jjrudy1@...> wrote:

We ate in Brookline a few weeks ago and they had outdoor electric heaters, but not for every table.  So we were very cold.  So ensure that you request, ahead of time, a table with a heater

John Rudy

781-861-0402

781-718-8334 (cell)

20 Heritage Drive

Lexington, MA  02420

<image002.jpg>

I'm looking for restaurants in the general area that have outdoor seating and overhead covering to protect from rain.. Only place I know of is Texmecal in Burlington (which we've been happy with.) We haven't wanted to eat indoors at restaurants and would like to stretch the season a little.
Thanks,
Sue Polansky

Steve Isenberg

Maybe bring firewood and a lighter?

On Fri, Oct 16, 2020 at 4:30 PM John Rudy <jjrudy1@...> wrote:

We ate in Brookline a few weeks ago and they had outdoor electric heaters, but not for every table.  So we were very cold.  So ensure that you request, ahead of time, a table with a heater

John Rudy

781-861-0402

781-718-8334 (cell)

20 Heritage Drive

Lexington, MA  02420

I'm looking for restaurants in the general area that have outdoor seating and overhead covering to protect from rain.. Only place I know of is Texmecal in Burlington (which we've been happy with.) We haven't wanted to eat indoors at restaurants and would like to stretch the season a little.
Thanks,
Sue Polansky

John Rudy

There was an article in today’s Globe that many restaurants are closing for the winter due to heat issues and the fact that the pandemic is “returning” and people are unwilling to sit inside

John Rudy

781-861-0402

781-718-8334 (cell)

20 Heritage Drive

Lexington, MA  02420

Border Cafe in Burlington, Ixrapa in Lexington, Papparazi in Concord. I'm just wondering if they have heaters 🙄

Nancy Wilson

On Fri, Oct 16, 2020, 2:45 PM Susan Polansky <Sue@...> wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for restaurants in the general area that have outdoor seating and overhead covering to protect from rain.. Only place I know of is Texmecal in Burlington (which we've been happy with.) We haven't wanted to eat indoors at restaurants and would like to stretch the season a little.
Thanks,
Sue Polansky

JJ Krawczyk

On 10/16/20 15:19, Susan Polansky wrote:
The Cheesecake Factory has outdoor heaters which throw off a nice amount of heat for the tables, but they don’t have overhead covering. I haven’t seen other places with outdoor heaters yet, but if anyone knows of any, I’d love to know about them. “Friday Food” is our once a week dining out (and we go ridiculously early to avoid people), and I have to admit it’s a highlight of my week!
I noticed heaters in the area blocked off near Common Ground in Arlington Center yesterday.

JJ Krawczyk

Trisha Pýrez Kennealy

We have four tables on our front porch at the Inn at Hastings Park.  We have heaters and blankets and intend to have outdoor seating as long as our guests would like to be outside.  Our restaurant Town Meeting is open for lunch, dinner and brunch.

Here is the link to our menus:

.

Trisha Perez Kennealy

--

Susan Polansky

Thanks to everyone for suggestions on where to dine outside. My family does a once a week get together – we call it “Friday Food” – and we like to try the different dining experiments offered by local restaurants. We go about 4:30 PM. That’s so early but there’s no crowds then, so worth it to us. Tonight we went to Papa Razzi in Concord, and it was very pleasant. They have a large heated tent – that’s so much better than the space heaters! They said they’d like to keep going in to November, but there are just so many variables.

Thanks again, Sue Polansky

Ellen Avery-Samra

Happy to report that the Cheesecake Factory at the Chestnut Hill Mall has a good number of tables under their portico, and they have high-output space heaters spaced regularly throughout. It was warm enough that even on a quite cool night we could take off our jackets.

Daryl Battin

Jack’s Pizza in Burlington [next to the strip mall with Target and Michaels] has a tent.  Flatbread Bedford has large umbrellas.  Not sure if either one of these has heaters.