By far the biggest electric walk-behind mower I could find is the Mean Green WBX-33HD, at 33", but at around $10k, it was a little out of my price range.  :^}

I ended up getting the next biggest I could find, a 25" Greenworks GMS 250, one of their commercial products. With batteries and charger (extra) it cost about $1k. I got two 4Ah batteries, which are more than enough for my 1/2 acre, though I almost never use the self-propelled feature. (Consequently, my watch says that the 2+ hours of mowing burn 800+ calories!) It really works well, and it's very quiet. BTW, the Greenworks consumer division introduced a sort of little sibling of that mower, the Pro 60V 25" Self-propelled cordless brushless lawn mower for somewhat less, but that one only goes about an hour on a charge, which is probably plenty for a lot of lawns.

If you're jonesing for a riding mower, there are lots of battery-powered options out there as well, but I didn't look much at those.

Anyway, I've been surprised at how much battery-powered yard equipment is available.

--
Jon "Be Vewy, Vewy Quiet. We'we Hunting Wabbits" Dreyer
Math tutor/Computer science tutor
www.passionatelycurious.com

On 2020-09-21 13:46, Judith Glixon via groups.io wrote:
Just passing along this announcement to all you Lexington folks!

You're invited to a FREE regional workshop hosted by the Town of Lexington, Town of Wellesley DPW, Quiet Communities, and the American Green Zone Alliance - see registration and information below.
  • Participants have a chance to win a brand new, state of the art battery powered tool.
Massachusetts is becoming a leader in zero emissions, low noise landscape maintenance, creating the first procurement contract for this type of equipment and prompting transitions by state agencies, towns, schools, and homeowners.

Quiet, Healthy Yards: A Regional Residential Workshop via Zoom, Thurs, Oct 1st, 7-8:30 pm. Register Now.
We hope to see you there.

Jamie L. Banks PhD, MS, Founder

Quiet Communities Inc.

quietcommunitiesinc.org

Co-Chair, Noise & Health Committee

American Public Health Association

Web  Facebook  Twitter  LinkedIn APHA Connect (members only)

Email: jamie@...

Tel: 781.259.1717

Quiet Communities, Inc. (QCI) is a national 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to protecting the public health, the environment, and quality of life for everyone for everyone --children, families, seniors, minorities and disadvantaged -- by reducing noise and related pollution. QCI hosts 4 programs: The Quiet CoalitionQuiet Conversation on Policy, Healthcare Acoustics Project, and Quiet Communities.

Join lexington@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.