moderated Lexington Symphony's 25th Anniversary Season Opening Night is this Sat., Oct. 5th!

Alix Fox

Dear List,

We're so excited about Opening Night at the Symphony this coming Saturday!! It's the first concert of our 25th Anniversary Season, and it's shaping up to be a proper big night kickoff to this milestone season. Beethoven is at his best with this overture - powerful and compelling. Tchaikovsky's 4th lyrically journeys through despair, but rewards us with one of the best finales anywhere.

And yet, the highlight is our guest artist, world-renowned pipa virtuoso Wu Man, playing a concerto composed specifically for her. The pipa's ancient Chinese sound combined with a full orchestra is completely new to most of us, showcasing Ms. Wu's extraordinary talent in a piece that is by turns delicate and cinematic. A proper big night indeed!

And.... have you seen our GIANT birthday cake? It's not real, but it's really awesome!! Stop by and add to the decorations!

Lexington Symphony: Poetic Expressions

Saturday, October 5th, 7:30pm

Pre-Concert Conductor's Talk with guest artist Wu Man, 6:30pm

Cary Hall, 1605 Massachusetts Ave., Lexington

Beethoven | Leonore Overture No. 3, Op. 72a

Zhao Jiping | Pipa Concerto No. 2
 Wu Man, Pipa
Tchaikovsky | Symphony No. 4 in F minor, Op. 36

For more information & to buy tickets:

Say hello if you're there - I'll be in the lobby!
All the best,

Alix Fox

Join lexington@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.