Broadway Goes to the Movies Sat., May 19th!: Lexington Symphony Music from the Movies concert @ Cary Hall

Alix Fox

Dear all,

Lexington Symphony's final concert of the season, our annual Music from the Movies program, has a special twist this year: BROADWAY!! Enjoy selections from legendary Tony winners Richard Rodgers and Leonard Bernstein, highlights from Les Misérables to My Fair Lady, from Phantom of the Opera to Oklahoma & more! We welcome back the New World Chorale, who were such a wonderful addition to our Holiday Pops concert, and are thrilled to feature some stunning guest vocal soloists as well:

Lexington Symphony: Music from the Movies: Broadway Goes to the Movies!

Saturday, May 19th, 7:30pm at Cary Hall

Webber  Jesus Christ Superstar | Rogers  The King and I | Loewe  My Fair Lady | Rogers  Oklahoma | Leigh  Man of La Mancha |

Bernstein  West Side Story | Shore  Lord of the Rings | Schönberg  Les Misérables | Webber  Phantom of the Opera

For more information & to buy tickets:

https://www.lexingtonsymphony.org/

Pro tip: Does your mother love Broadway as much as mine does? Give her tickets on Mother's Day and take her to the concert the following week :)!

Want more music? Stop by our FREE Community Music Festival the same afternoon: Saturday, May 19th, 2:00-5:00pm at Cary Hall. Our 3rd annual Festival is a great family afternoon out, featuring several performances from a diverse array of local ensembles - Chinese zithers, Indian dance, Peter & the Wolf and many more - and an instrument petting zoo for kids.

Hope to see you on May 19th!

All the best,

Alix Fox

Join lexington@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.