Topics

RPM files

Edited

If anyone is interested, I've packaged Stanza up in RPMs for your consumption (including the latest experimental release).

You can download them [here](https://github.com/stanza-tools/rpm-spec/releases) and check out the spec file [here](https://github.com/stanza-tools/rpm-spec/blob/master/lbstanza.spec). Let me know if you have any suggestions. If anyone wants me to try and get this built for other fedora/centos releases, I would try my hand at that too.

I think this could be enough to be added to RPMFusion but if we wanted it to get into the main Fedora repos, we would need to get [approval](https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#No_inclusion_of_pre-built_binaries_or_libraries) from the packaging committee and also only utilize the pre-compiled version on initial bootstrapping (via a provided [macro](https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Bootstrapping)). I would definitely need some help if there is interest.

Either way, they are still easily usable via a few simple commands:

```
wget https://github.com/stanza-tools/rpm-spec/releases/download/0.11.7-3/lbstanza-0.11.7-3.fc25.x86_64.rpm
rpm -ihp lbstanza-0.11.7-3.fc25.x86_64.rpm
# I think you need to do this to use it right away
source /etc/profile.d/stanza.sh
```
Let me know if you use it!

~Jake Russo

Just to add to this thread of RPM files, I might try to set up a COPR account and get builds up on that site.

This seems to be a more proper place (with tooling and building baked-in) for RPMs than GitHub release pages.