Re: Typed Lisp with Pattern Matching

Hi Yves!

Yes! I have heard of Shen! Mark really designed quite a beautiful language. And he's also a fantastic writer. I've been meaning to work through "Logic, Proof, and Computation" when I find some spare time.

One of the most interesting things about Shen is the built-in Prolog engine that allows users to extend and define their own type system. As far as I know, this is one-of-a-kind. Beyond geeking out on type systems though, I haven't come up with a practical killer-use for this feature yet, but I'm sure someone will. When that happens, Shen will be the only language capable of supporting it.

-Patrick

Join lbstanza@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.