Re: Differential Propositional Calculus

Lyle Anderson

Jon,
Another connection/application of differential propositional calculus is to random walks and partial differential equations. A propagating difference is a signal.  The CotU started with three books: text, numbers, and communications.

"Under various conditions we obtain partial differential equations of various types, and where appropriate complete the initial value problems by specifying initial or boundary conditions. These equations all result from taking limits of difference equations that serve as models for the discrete random walk problems studied. Following the approach of S. Goldstein we also study partial difference equations for correlated random walks, leading to variants of the telegraph equation, an equation that governs the propagation of signals on telegraph lines. Finally in the self assembling of particles, we apply the random walk concept to model, simulate, and characterize cluster growth and form."

https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2010PhDT........16A/abstract

Join lawsofform@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.