somewhat of a refugium for shrikes. Hopefully, they will come back
stronger than ever in that area.

Steve Cardiff

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 8:21 PM Jay V Huner <jay.huner1@louisiana.edu>
wrote:

For what it's worth, Huner and Musumeche published a paper in LOS journal
about differences between bird populations before Hurricane Rita and
following the hurricane for the Palmetto Island area. That devastation was
certainly greater than that from the 2020 hurricanes. The LOS journal is
available to anyone who accesses the LOS website.

Regards, Jay Huner
________________________________
From: labird@groups.io <labird@groups.io> on behalf of Toddy Guidry via
groups.io <guidrys=cox.net@groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2021 12:58 PM
To: 'David Muth' <muthd@nwf.org>; Erik.Johnson@audubon.org <
Erik.Johnson@audubon.org>; 'LABIRD NEW' <labird@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [labird] Creole CBC Summary

David et al - I'm working on the Palmetto Island summary (Vermilion
Parish),
but we saw similar, although not as severe, conditions to the east down in
the Intracoastal City area of the count.
More when I send out the final numbers.
The surge in Intracoastal City can be seen on fences etc, about 4-5 feet of
water on the roads.

Our species count will be misleadingly high due to the terrain variation of
the circle, but quantities way down as well.