New kid in town, with some money little to spend

Luigi Mantuano

G'day Diz!
just got my Foundation License, 10W max, so I'm stuck with things QRP/HF. I'm intrigued by filters, chokes and baluns and i want to roll my own Ls..
Could you please suggest what toroids I should be ordering, in most cost-effective quantities (tens)? Also cheapest shipping to Australia?
Feel free to email me direct.
Thanx & regards
Luigi vk3OLA

Hello Luigi,

It's hard to suggest toroids and baluns without knowing the specific project,

like frequency, power, bandwidth and environment. When you have a project, mail me with the details and I can help.

Shipping to DX countries can get expensive.

There are 5 price break points based on weight of the package.

< 8 ounces, 8 to < 32 ounces, 32 to < 48 ounces, 48 to < 64 ounces and FLAT RATE which is anything 4 pounds and over, up to a maximum of 20 pounds (9kg)

Depending on the country zone, here is what we use to calculate shipping costs:

73, Diz, W8DIZ