5V to 12V converter to power a QRP Tramsceiver

Bob - K2KI

Hi all,
Well, as the subject line sez.... I have several high capacity 5V USB charging bricks that have good long lasting time between chargers. And, I would love to power a QRP Transceiver with them. I have a QCX-Mini on the bench now and would love to be able to power this off of one of the chargers I have (Plus a 1watter & 5watter).

I have seen Buck Boost converters of all kinds and those that plug directly into a USB port look very desirable as they would fit nicely into my Go-Bag.

Does anyone have recommendations on which would be the best course of action? For obvious reasons, I like the ability to see the voltage and current draw. but the rectangular kind that look like they should be mounted on a panel seem rather bulky but... If that is what I should be using, then that is what I will have to live with!

Thoughts??? I look forward to any and all replies!
Many thanks!

--
"Of all the things I've lost in life, I miss my mind the most!"
Very best 72/73 from Vermont. .
Bob de k2ki
k2ki@... (Primary Email)
k2ki.bb@... (Secondary: Goes to my cell)
Grid: FN34LW
NEQRP#: 911
4SQRP#: 2292
FP#: 4214
SKCC#: 12195
NAQCC#: 2337
Sasquatch#: 769
30CW#: 190
100WattsID#: 4675
SOC#: 1312

ken WA2MZE

I think you mean BOOST converter, not BUCK.
And be careful here, all switching regulators can create hash noise which will show up as QRN.  You need a VERY well filtered power converter.