20 Meter 5 Watter BFO will not OSC

Jack Boswell

Hi Diz, I'm building the 20 Meter 5 watter. I am having trouble with BFO not oscillating. I have taking out L9 several times and reinstalled. If I jumper L9 the osc will start oscillating. Could you give me some help? Maybe I do not understand what L9 is used for and maybe need to remove some turns to change the impedance. Thank you in advance. I have sure had a good time building this. Thank you again
73's Jack Boswell N0KSF

Hello Jack, ..."Hi Jack" sounds strange :)

Is there a possibility that you mixed up an FT37-43 with an FT37-61?

The -43 is a shiny black while the -61 is a dull dirty looking black.

-Diz, W8DIZ

On 2/8/21 1:49 PM, Jack Boswell wrote:
Hi Diz, I'm building the 20 Meter 5 watter. I am having trouble with BFO not oscillating. I have taking out L9 several times and reinstalled. If I jumper L9 the osc will start oscillating. Could you give me some help? Maybe I do not understand what L9 is used for and maybe need to remove some turns to change the impedance. Thank you in advance. I have sure had a good time building this. Thank you again
73's Jack Boswell N0KSF

Mont Pierce KM6WT

L8 and L9 are the same core and same number of turns.

Can you install L8 into L9 location, and see if that works?
If yes, L9 might be wrong core, as Diz mentioned...  or... could be a bad core??

Something to try, anyway.

73
km6wt

On 2/8/21 6:18 PM, Mont Pierce KM6WT wrote:
L8 and L9 are the same core and same number of turns.

Can you install L8 into L9 location, and see if that works?
If yes, L9 might be wrong core, as Diz mentioned...  or... could be a bad core??
No such thing as a bad core unless you're talking apples :)
Something to try, anyway.
73
km6wt

Mont Pierce KM6WT

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 03:52 PM, w8diz wrote:
No such thing as a bad core unless you're talking apples :)
Especially from Diz's stock...  Just not possible.   :)  :)  :)

73
km6wt