http://kernelci.org/ gets "Welcome to nginx!" page.

Kim Phillips <kim.phillips@...>

Hi, I typed kernelci.org in my browser which went to:

http://kernelci.org/

which showed a "Welcome to nginx!" page.

I luckily went to "www.kernelci.org" to see the desired content.

Please correct the non-redirection issue?

Thanks,

Kim

Mark Brown

On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 12:54:37PM -0500, Kim Phillips wrote:
Hi, I typed kernelci.org in my browser which went to:
http://kernelci.org/
which showed a "Welcome to nginx!" page.
I luckily went to "www.kernelci.org" to see the desired content.
Please correct the non-redirection issue?
FWIW I've just tested this and it does happen but only for plain HTTP -
browsers that do https by default work fine (some of them will
automatically try to rewrite any http URIs they see).

Guillaume Tucker

On 26/08/2020 19:13, Mark Brown wrote:
On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 12:54:37PM -0500, Kim Phillips wrote:
Hi, I typed kernelci.org in my browser which went to:
http://kernelci.org/
which showed a "Welcome to nginx!" page.
I luckily went to "www.kernelci.org" to see the desired content.
Please correct the non-redirection issue?
FWIW I've just tested this and it does happen but only for plain HTTP -
browsers that do https by default work fine (some of them will
automatically try to rewrite any http URIs they see).
Fixed, sorry it's the 2nd time this happens. It's a side effect
of updating the Let's Encrypt certificates, I need to roll out a
better fix for it in the nginx config.

See this GitHub issue for more details:

https://github.com/kernelci/kernelci-frontend-config/issues/21

Thanks,