Re: #KCIDB: Adding support for log excerpts #KCIDB

Nikolai Kondrashov

Hi Cristian,

On 2/9/21 5:06 PM, Cristian Marussi wrote:
On Tue, Feb 09, 2021 at 02:56:48PM +0200, Nikolai Kondrashov via groups.io wrote:
We'd like to introduce support for optional "log_excerpt" field for "checkouts"
("revisions" previously) and "builds".

Please don't hesitate to respond with any comments, objections, or
suggestions.
Nice feature, is there any chance this could be optionally used also
with single tests, so that you can provide a snippet (even capped smaller
than 16kb in that case) of the failing testcase if available ?
( not that I have at the moment on my side the backend ready to produce
such snippets ... so I'm not saying I'll just onto it immediately :D ..
but it was a possibility)
Yes, I was also thinking about that, and wanted to introduce that in another
message/PR just to keep things focused and less confusing.

I think this would also be useful to at least 0-Day, as they don't offer logs
for download at all, and do run some tests, IIRC.

Some tests can produce multiple output files, so we'd have to define such
"log_url"/"log_excerpt" fields as pointing to the "main" log and define *that*
somehow.

I'll add that to my queue for the next release, as it's easy to do.

Nick

Join kernelci@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.