Welcome aboard Keiths' Teensy SDR builders group.
The Backpack SDR is an HF transceiver project that is based on the Teensy 4.0 or 4.1 MCU, the Teensy audio interface board and a few other off-the-shelf module to make a complete hf transceiver. It uses as many off-the-shelf parts as it can in order to keep the build simple and also keep costs down. It’s not a budget build, per se, but the basic mono-band Backpack SDR can be built for under $200.
This group was established to be a single source of information on building and using this little SDR HF transceiver, and to organize all the information better than could be done in the Facebook group.
To be in this group and build one of these for yourself, you will need a few skills... a good sense of humor, The ability to build electronic projects and maybe some programming skills .. but all are welcome!!! Please no posting links to commercial ads, or self promotion of your company . Please respect other members .. I have a big red button marked " BAN USER" I really don't want to exclude anybody, but I run 3 other forums and I know how to use it!!
- Be Kind and CourteousWe're all in this together to create a welcoming environment. Let's treat everyone with respect. Healthy debates are natural, but kindness is required.
- No Hate Speech or BullyingMake sure everyone feels safe. Bullying of any kind isn't allowed, and degrading comments about things like race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender or identity
- No Proportions or SpamGive more than you take to this group. Self-promotion, spam and irrelevant links aren't allowed.
- Respect Everyone's PrivacyBeing part of this group requires mutual trust. Authentic, expressive discussions make groups great, but may also be sensitive and private. What's shared in the group should stay in the group.
- 253 Members
- 137 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.