Topics

[Keepalived-devel] Maximum amount of VIPs per VRRP group??

Quentin Armitage

On Thu, 2019-05-30 at 20:24 +0000, Colin Hines wrote:

Hello,

We are noticing weird slowness and display behavior with ipvsadm after installing the 26th VIP within a VRRP group, is this a documented limit somewhere (I haven’t been able to find anything with my google-fu)?

Thanks

Colin

CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: This email including any attachments, contains
confidential information belonging to the sender. It may also be
privileged or otherwise protected by work product immunity or other
legal rules. This information is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended
distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents
of this emailed information is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this email in error, please immediately notify us by
reply email of the error and then delete this email immediately.
Colin,

I am not aware of any such limit regarding number of VIPs. Can you describe in a bit more detail the symptoms you are seeing, and also send a copy of your configuration and the output of keepalived -v. I will see if I can observe the same effects here.

Many thanks,
Quentin

P.S. Please note the new mailing list that I have included in this reply.