Topics

SODA POP II update

Steven Weber

I just uploaded the Soda Pop II manual and firmware to the group files. Folder name sodapop2.

I finished bagging 10 kits to take to Dayton with me, so hope to see some of you there.

Tomorrow I head to Florida to visit my Dad for his birthday (96!), then it's off to Harpers Ferry and a 270 mile hike of the Appalachian Trail to the Delaware Water Gap. Which I hope to do in 20 days so I have time to get home, clean up and drive to Ohio with Rex, W1REX.

I'll see ya all in about a month, in the mean time, talk amongst yourselves

72, Steve KD1JV

Joe Street

Have a good trip. Are you taking any QRP gear along on the AT?  I should have an antenna back up within 20 days if this weather holds and will listen for you if you have a rough idea of your sked.

Joe

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 10:35 AM Steven Weber <steve.kd1jv@...> wrote:
I just uploaded the Soda Pop II manual and firmware to the group files. Folder name sodapop2.

I finished bagging 10 kits to take to Dayton with me, so hope to see some of you there.

Tomorrow I head to Florida to visit my Dad for his birthday (96!), then it's off to Harpers Ferry and a 270 mile hike of the Appalachian Trail to the Delaware Water Gap. Which I hope to do in 20 days so I have time to get home, clean up and drive to Ohio with Rex, W1REX.

I'll see ya all in about a month, in the mean time, talk amongst yourselves

72, Steve KD1JV

Mike Olbrisch

Happy Birthday Dad!  Have a safe trip.  If you hear banjo music, RUN!

Vy73 – Mike – KD5KC

El Paso, Texas – DM61rt

I just uploaded the Soda Pop II manual and firmware to the group files. Folder name sodapop2.

I finished bagging 10 kits to take to Dayton with me, so hope to see some of you there.

Tomorrow I head to Florida to visit my Dad for his birthday (96!), then it's off to Harpers Ferry and a 270 mile hike of the Appalachian Trail to the Delaware Water Gap. Which I hope to do in 20 days so I have time to get home, clean up and drive to Ohio with Rex, W1REX.

I'll see ya all in about a month, in the mean time, talk amongst yourselves

72, Steve KD1JV

Steven Weber

No rig with me. I’ve learned that on a long distance hike the extra 1 or 2 pounds of radio gear starts to feel like 20 pounds at the end of the day. Then I’m too tired at the end of the day to do much more then cook dinner and go to sleep, so the radio doesn’t get much of any use.

Steve

[...]

Haha  yeah I know that one.  You carry all this stuff along, struggle in the fading light after dinner and dishes standing on wobbly legs to get the antenna up and then promptly fall asleep in your sleeping bag when you turn on the rig to listen.  Well I hope you get good weather and enjoy the trail.

Joe

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 10:50 AM Steven Weber <steve.kd1jv@...> wrote:

No rig with me. I’ve learned that on a long distance hike the extra 1 or 2 pounds of radio gear starts to feel like 20 pounds at the end of the day. Then I’m too tired at the end of the day to do much more then cook dinner and go to sleep, so the radio doesn’t get much of any use.

Steve

John VA7JBE

This is where SOTA gets its appeal, you can have  your radio time in the middle of the day. I can appreciate the weight issues though, I’m off on a 5 day ski expedition (the McBride traverse) and didn’t have time to get the new SBII kit built first. Looks like this one will be VHF only.

Have a a great trip!
John VA7JBE

John AE5X

"No rig with me."

Oh, the irony! Have a fun trip.

John AE5X
https://ae5x.blogspot.com/

Wishing you firm snow John!

Best of luck and have fun on your traverse,

Mark.