Topics

MTR-SSB from LNR

Michael N6MST

Steve, I am fairly sure you already know about this.

For us normal folk, check out the LNR Precision homepage for the announcement of the MTR-SSB radio. Looks very cool!

ohwenzelph

What is the “ECM market”

Colin Evans M1BUU

That's us guys over here in Europe. The kit is to get around the need for 'CE' marking. I'm guessing that the cost of approval is too great for a low volume product.

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019, 12:33 ohwenzelph via Groups.Io, <Ohwenzelph=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
What is the “ECM market”

Andriy Gronau (KD2KUB)

I would like to know myself as well. For me it stands for emcomm since it is 80 and 60m ?

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 07:33 ohwenzelph via Groups.Io <Ohwenzelph=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
What is the “ECM market”

--
--Andriy, KD2KUB

Michael N6MST

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 11:44 AM, Andriy Gronau (KD2KUB) wrote:
I would like to know myself as well. For me it stands for emcomm since it is 80 and 60m ?
Refer to Conlin's previous comment as well as this Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE_marking

Gwen Patton

Somehow, I don't think it means "electronic countermeasures".

Probably "emergency communications".

Gwen NG3P

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019, 3:00 PM Michael N6MST <n6mst@...> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 11:44 AM, Andriy Gronau (KD2KUB) wrote:
I would like to know myself as well. For me it stands for emcomm since it is 80 and 60m ?
Refer to Conlin's previous comment as well as this Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE_marking

bleepingbeep

I believe ECM means "European Common Market."

Jerry AA6KI
Tucson

bill richardson

Steve showed this one off at Lobstercon. I’m looking forward to it’s release.

Bill ng1p

On Sep 12, 2019, at 1:33 PM, Michael N6MST <n6mst@...> wrote:

Steve, I am fairly sure you already know about this.

For us normal folk, check out the LNR Precision homepage for the announcement of the MTR-SSB radio. Looks very cool!

Kent Trimble, K9ZTV <k9ztv@...>

European Common Market.

K9ZTV

On 9/13/2019 2:07 PM, Gwen Patton wrote:
Somehow, I don't think it means "electronic countermeasures".

Probably "emergency communications".

Gwen NG3P

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019, 3:00 PM Michael N6MST <n6mst@...> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 11:44 AM, Andriy Gronau (KD2KUB) wrote:
I would like to know myself as well. For me it stands for emcomm since it is 80 and 60m ?
Refer to Conlin's previous comment as well as this Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE_marking

bill richardson

When I was talking to Steve about the 80/60 meter version he talked about emergency groups that would find good use for this new radio. So I wonder if it stands for Emergency??

On Sep 13, 2019, at 3:07 PM, Gwen Patton <ardrhi@...> wrote:

Somehow, I don't think it means "electronic countermeasures".

Probably "emergency communications".

Gwen NG3P

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019, 3:00 PM Michael N6MST <n6mst@...> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 11:44 AM, Andriy Gronau (KD2KUB) wrote:
I would like to know myself as well. For me it stands for emcomm since it is 80 and 60m ?
Refer to Conlin's previous comment as well as this Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE_marking

Steven Weber

Yea, it means Emergency. Or Prepper radio.

Steve

When I was talking to Steve about the 80/60 meter version he talked about emergency groups that would find good use for this new radio. So I wonder if it stands for Emergency??

On Sep 13, 2019, at 3:07 PM, Gwen Patton <ardrhi@...> wrote:

Somehow, I don't think it means "electronic countermeasures".

Probably "emergency communications".

Gwen NG3P

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019, 3:00 PM Michael N6MST <n6mst@...> wrote:

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 11:44 AM, Andriy Gronau (KD2KUB) wrote:

I would like to know myself as well. For me it stands for emcomm since it is 80 and 60m ?

Refer to Conlin's previous comment as well as this Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE_marking

Andriy Gronau (KD2KUB)

Thanks Steve for clearing the air.

I’m most definitely waiting for that one.

On Sun, Sep 15, 2019 at 13:35 Steven Weber <steve.kd1jv@...> wrote:

[...]

Looks like I am late to the game but it appears the MTR-SSB project has been shelved due for technical issues on 40 and 20. Too bad, I was looking forward to this one.

Steven Weber

Not exactly shelved, but put on hold pending additional R+D.

KD1JV