Topics

MTR 2 power connector size?

Neil Martinsen-Burrell

I have a two-band MTR that came with a coaxial power connector connected to a 9V battery terminal. I'd like to buy another coaxial plug to make a longer power cord, but I can't tell which size it needs.

Can someone tell me what size the power jack is, center and outer diameter? Any suggestions on a good source for a bare plug that can be soldered onto wire?

-Neil N0FN

Steven Weber

1.7mm center, 4 mm diameter. Ebay should have them.

Steve KD1JV

I have a two-band MTR that came with a coaxial power connector connected to a 9V battery terminal. I'd like to buy another coaxial plug to make a longer power cord, but I can't tell which size it needs.

Can someone tell me what size the power jack is, center and outer diameter? Any suggestions on a good source for a bare plug that can be soldered onto wire?

-Neil N0FN

cpl3043usmc@...

I bought a bunch through Mouser. The part number was PP-013.  They were about $1.30 each.

David Wilcox

Here is where those inexpensive electronic calipers come in handy.  I bought one years ago for a lot more than the $25.00 they go for now and use it frequently.

Dave K8WPE

David J. Wilcox K8WPE’s iPad