Topics

Firmware updates For Soda Pop and Slop Bucket kits.

Steven Weber

Hi Gang,

I figured out how to fix the jerky tuning when you spin the knob too fast in the Soda Pop rigs and original Slop Bucket with LED display. 

Instead of reading the switches after all four LED digits were written to, the switches are read when each digit is written to. This increased the sample time by a factor of 5 and can now keep up with the encoder spinning at a fast rate.  

I can't seem to find the  new Slop Bucket II sketch I just worked on last night! I accidently uploaded the one for the Soda Pop Ii instead, so had to delete it and put it where it belonged. I will up load that when I locate it again and a revised Sketch for the LED Slop Bucket once I finish verifying it, likely later tonight. 

73, Steve KD1JV 

dyerhard1972

Thanks Steve we appreciate your hard work to keep us tinkering.
Jeff ke4fwe 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 7/3/20 11:47 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: kd1jvdesigns@groups.io
Subject: [kd1jvdesigns] Firmware updates For Soda Pop and Slop Bucket kits.

Hi Gang,

I figured out how to fix the jerky tuning when you spin the knob too fast in the Soda Pop rigs and original Slop Bucket with LED display. 

Instead of reading the switches after all four LED digits were written to, the switches are read when each digit is written to. This increased the sample time by a factor of 5 and can now keep up with the encoder spinning at a fast rate.  

I can't seem to find the  new Slop Bucket II sketch I just worked on last night! I accidently uploaded the one for the Soda Pop Ii instead, so had to delete it and put it where it belonged. I will up load that when I locate it again and a revised Sketch for the LED Slop Bucket once I finish verifying it, likely later tonight. 

73, Steve KD1JV