Topics

ATS-V5 -- that's it

Steven Weber

What I was afraid of happened. Got 17 checks in the mail this afternoon. That's all I can scrap together, so if any more checks show up tomorrow, I'll have to return them.

I just ordered 25 more displays and hopefully they won't take 2 months to get here like the stuff I ordered from Banggood in March. I think shipping has improved since then so maybe it will be the usual 4 weeks. In the mean time, I'll collect the other bits I need.

If I do return any checks, I'll put you on the top of the list for next time.

Thanks.
73, Steve KD1JV

Dave - W2DAB

Okay Steve, I'm getting the hang of this.  Next batch I reply on the list and send out a check ASAP.
I'm poised for the next batch I guess.

Thanks for doing this for the group, it has to be tons of work.

73,

Dave
W2DAB

Michael N6MST

So has it just turned into a free-for-all on buying kits? Announcement made, he/she that gets a check in the mail fastest wins?

dyerhard1972

Steve I'm not trying to upset anyone but those checks were sent without a confirmation of a radio and the only fair thing to do is put everyone's name in a hat. Draw names till there gone. If they don't get drawn then rip the check up. There out 40 cents for a stamp. Otherwise you just created a monster. It's who ever check gets there first. Your club do what you want just my 2 cents. We do appreciate what you do.
Jeff ke4fwe

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

What I was afraid of happened. Got 17 checks in the mail this afternoon. That's all I can scrap together, so if any more checks show up tomorrow, I'll have to return them.

I just ordered 25 more displays and hopefully they won't take 2 months to get here like the stuff I ordered from Banggood in March. I think shipping has improved since then so maybe it will be the usual 4 weeks. In the mean time, I'll collect the other bits I need.

If I do return any checks, I'll put you on the top of the list for next time.

Thanks.
73, Steve KD1JV

Steven Weber

Well, by not specifying the rules of the game, I did get myself into a moral dilemma. As the saying goes, “a bird in hand is worth two in the bush”.  Since I already have too many checks in hand I might as well just go with that. I’m going to have to disappoint a few people as it is. In some ways, this simplifies my life as I don’t have to sort out a whole bunch of emails, many of which are first time posts to the list which have to be confirmed instead of private messages and then pick winners and losers. I get a headache just thinking about it.

Anyway, I’m now committed to doing another 25 kits, hopefully in a month, and will try to find a more equitable way of handling an overwhelming demand. If that is at all possible.

Steve KD1JV

Steve I'm not trying to upset anyone but those checks were sent without a confirmation of a radio and the only fair thing to do is put everyone's name in a hat. Draw names till there gone. If they don't get drawn then rip the check up. There out 40 cents for a stamp. Otherwise you just created a monster. It's who ever check gets there first. Your club do what you want just my 2 cents. We do appreciate what you do.

Jeff ke4fwe

Shirley Dulcey KE1L

Will the ATR-5 eventually be available from another source, as you have done for some of your other designs? If so, that would be a way to eventually get radios to everybody who wants one.

On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 1:59 PM Steven Weber <steve.kd1jv@...> wrote:

[...]

Steve:  Perhaps since checks take awhile, ask if the people who missed out would like to be on the list for the next batch. I would personally not mind 'pre-ordering' and don't care when they are done.  I will need to get my soldering skills up to snuff anyway.  (Just my 2-cents, your mileage may vary)

Dave
W2DAB

dyerhard1972

Me to
Jeff ke4fwe

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Steve:  Perhaps since checks take awhile, ask if the people who missed out would like to be on the list for the next batch. I would personally not mind 'pre-ordering' and don't care when they are done.  I will need to get my soldering skills up to snuff anyway.  (Just my 2-cents, your mileage may vary)

Dave
W2DAB

Steven Weber

No, that’s not likely. I’ve had mixed results doing that.

In any event, there’s a good chance the design will continue to evolve. Not sure how yet, but there’s that possibility. Let see what the early adaptors think about this version. (feedback please!)

Steve KD1JV

Will the ATR-5 eventually be available from another source, as you have done for some of your other designs? If so, that would be a way to eventually get radios to everybody who wants one.

KE1L

Dave - W2DAB

OK Steve, totally fine.  Thanks again... I will watch and learn.

73,

Dave
W2DAB

Alan Sorenson

Steve, if by chance you happen to have enough kits.  I would like to be added to the list.

Thanks

73,

AL
WB5RGC