Topics

ATS-V5 QRV

W3DX

Hi Guys:

ATS-V5 serial number 0002 is QRV. I’m getting full power output and good audio using a signal generator.

I have one problem that I’ve written to Steve about. The encoder only tunes the frequency down, not up. That’s true also for the RIT. But the encoder works fine for other functions. For example, you can change the keyer speed up or down with the encoder. You just can’t tune the frequency down. Hmmmmm.

But it’s an incredible radio. Full 5 watts output. Fits in an Altoids tin. Weighs in at 3.6 ounces fully assembled. The case is really neat: combination of Altoids tin with front panel. Really neat.

73,

Rob, W3DX

Stephen Wandling

That is a pretty sweet looking rig. Where it has a 1.44" color display, my ATS-3B has a single digit display.

But that was enough to win the CQ Sweepstakes in 2008, for QRP, Single operator for British Columbia, Canada. I also worked Japan and Nicaragua. Having 6 bands to switch to helped.

Enjoy that new rig.

Stephen
VE7NSD