Topics

ATS V5 C28

Norm. N7NSD

There are 10 of the 103 caps in the kit. It looks like 11 are needed. Instructions call for C28 to be both a 103 and a 105. The schematic calls for 103. The photo calls for a 105.

And the winner is.......

W3DX

Hi Norm:

The parts diagrams show two C28’s on the RF Board, one 103 and one 105. So I followed the parts diagram.

The kit is short one 103 cap, and I made Steve aware of this. You need 9 on the RF board and 2 on the controller board, but 10 are provided with the kit and 11 are shown on the parts list.

I scrounged a 103 cap from an unbuilt kit so that I could try to get the ATS-V5 working this weekend.

73,

Rob, W3DX

Norm. N7NSD

Rob,
‘Did Steve confirm what value should be used for C28?  I tend to believe a schematic. I have a good stock of 0402 caps but don’t want to use the wrong one.  I will try and analyze the circuit.  Let me know if you can. Thanks

73

W3DX

Hi Norm-

Our email exchange didn’t include that because I didn’t realize there were two C28’s until I saw your posting here. He just confirmed that there are 15 104’s and 11 103’s, suggesting that the parts placement diagram is OK.

But I think the parts placement diagram is right because there are actually two C28’s on the schematic! See screen shots below. In the upper left area of the schematic there’s a C28, and there’s one in the lower right corner. They also show one 103 and one 104.

I scrounged the extra 103 cap from another unbuilt project, and will replace it after Steve sends out the extra part.

73,

Rob, W3DX