Topics

Yet Another Single Band Transceiver (YASBT)

Steven Weber

What do you all think of this?
My classic ATS/MTR transceiver circuit with Si5351 VFO and TFT display, which looks like I can fit into an Altoids tin if I move the jacks to the top side of the RF board and use low profile SIP pins and headers.

Dennis Shubitowski

Yes, please! Love the size. How does the power draw compare?

Dennis NS8H

On Sat, Dec 7, 2019 at 12:56 PM Steven Weber <steve.kd1jv@...> wrote:
What do you all think of this?
My classic ATS/MTR transceiver circuit with Si5351 VFO and TFT display, which looks like I can fit into an Altoids tin if I move the jacks to the top side of the RF board and use low profile SIP pins and headers.

steve_wg0at

Yah! ...Goats are trembling with excitement!

On Dec 7, 2019, at 10:56 AM, Steven Weber <steve.kd1jv@...> wrote:

What do you all think of this?
My classic ATS/MTR transceiver circuit with Si5351 VFO and TFT display, which looks like I can fit into an Altoids tin if I move the jacks to the top side of the RF board and use low profile SIP pins and headers.
<SAM_5036.JPG>
<SAM_5035.JPG>
<SAM_5033.JPG>
<SAM_5031.JPG>

Robin Kidd

I am in for one if you do it.  Great idea!!!

72/73,
EM73vx
Robin
G-QRP #12386
SKCC #7294
W4IEN
w4ien@...

On Dec 7, 2019, at 12:56, Steven Weber <steve.kd1jv@...> wrote:

What do you all think of this?
My classic ATS/MTR transceiver circuit with Si5351 VFO and TFT display, which looks like I can fit into an Altoids tin if I move the jacks to the top side of the RF board and use low profile SIP pins and headers.
<SAM_5036.JPG>

<SAM_5035.JPG>

<SAM_5033.JPG>

<SAM_5031.JPG>

Reed White

Nice.  I've been nostalgic for the Altoids concept.

... Reed K7FLY

Robert Freeman

Looks like a lot of fun.

Robert NQ0T

On Sat, Dec 7, 2019 at 11:56 AM Steven Weber <steve.kd1jv@...> wrote:
What do you all think of this?
My classic ATS/MTR transceiver circuit with Si5351 VFO and TFT display, which looks like I can fit into an Altoids tin if I move the jacks to the top side of the RF board and use low profile SIP pins and headers.

Colin Weaving

 Hi Steve,

Yes please , I am in.

Like the idea of squeezing it into the Altoids tin.

I am sure you will have enough takers to make worthwhile.

73 Colin M3WCK

On 7 Dec 2019, at 18:19, Robert Freeman <michmasher@...> wrote:

Looks like a lot of fun.

Robert NQ0T

On Sat, Dec 7, 2019 at 11:56 AM Steven Weber <steve.kd1jv@...> wrote:
What do you all think of this?
My classic ATS/MTR transceiver circuit with Si5351 VFO and TFT display, which looks like I can fit into an Altoids tin if I move the jacks to the top side of the RF board and use low profile SIP pins and headers.
<SAM_5036.JPG>

MM0DHY

Looks great! Count me in.

Adrian  MM0DHY

On Saturday, 7 December 2019, 17:56:14 GMT, Steven Weber <steve.kd1jv@...> wrote:

What do you all think of this?
My classic ATS/MTR transceiver circuit with Si5351 VFO and TFT display, which looks like I can fit into an Altoids tin if I move the jacks to the top side of the RF board and use low profile SIP pins and headers.

Lew Paceley

Total hotness Steve.  Keeping the Altoids form factor with the new display hits it out of the park.  Another winner.
               72/73,
              *Lew*
               K7GO

On Sat, Dec 7, 2019 at 10:51 AM Robert Freeman <michmasher@...> wrote:
Looks like a lot of fun.

Robert NQ0T

On Sat, Dec 7, 2019 at 11:56 AM Steven Weber <steve.kd1jv@...> wrote:
What do you all think of this?
My classic ATS/MTR transceiver circuit with Si5351 VFO and TFT display, which looks like I can fit into an Altoids tin if I move the jacks to the top side of the RF board and use low profile SIP pins and headers.

Karl Heinz Kremer - K5KHK

I’ll send a check as soon as you are ready ;)

de K5KHK

Jer Tres

I will not be able to resist... but they should really make those tins stronger
Jerry aa1of

Rich Carpenter

I’m in!

de Rich, N2RIC

Chuck Nolin

Hi Steve,
Another great idea! Count me in for a couple, my son an I enjoy all of our Altoid builds.
Chuck
WA6LTV

On Dec 7, 2019, at 12:56 PM, Steven Weber <steve.kd1jv@...> wrote:

What do you all think of this?
My classic ATS/MTR transceiver circuit with Si5351 VFO and TFT display, which looks like I can fit into an Altoids tin if I move the jacks to the top side of the RF board and use low profile SIP pins and headers.
<SAM_5036.JPG>

<SAM_5035.JPG>

<SAM_5033.JPG>

<SAM_5031.JPG>

Steven Weber

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Steven Weber <steve.kd1jv@...>
Date: 12/7/19 12:56 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: kd1jvdesigns@groups.io

What do you all think of this?
My classic ATS/MTR transceiver circuit with Si5351 VFO and TFT display, which looks like I can fit into an Altoids tin if I move the jacks to the top side of the RF board and use low profile SIP pins and headers.

Kelly Jack

Please put me on the list if your keeping one.

73

Simon
VK3ELH

Gwen Patton

Me want! Please put me on the list, I'm definitely interested!

73,
Gwen, NG3P