Topics

Slop bucket trouble shooting question

John KG9DK

More info.... discovered that what I took to be  a power on led was transmit led... that is bad news but explains the high current draw...maybe??  while measuring voltages on U1, micro I found some discrepancies in the schematic vs pc board overlay.  On the overlay it shows pin7 and 20 connected to the D5v, on the schematic it show pin 7 and 21 as being Vdd.  I also check the TXEN (pin23) and it measured 5v I assume that is high / turned on.  Also pin 27 and 28 were high.   Now I am wonder if I have the latest documentation??? What I have is dated "revised 3-3-18 schematic updated, 3-20-18 Q2 color code corrected.  I am going to read the instructions again to see if anything enlighten me....and go thru the post for the slop bucket.

I miss titled my 1st post, I titled it Slop bucket trouble shooting.  It should have been Slop bucket trouble shooting question.

john kg9dk

John KG9DK

update.... seems that I did not understand the correct position for the VOX jumper... I have found out that it should be open for normal operation.  By doing that the xmitter led went off, my current draw is now 50ma. and I am able to tune the display.  will continue to check out, calibrate and make an enclosure.
john kg9dk