Re: Palm Pico Paddle

Vojtech Bubnik

The design by W6IPA looks nice indeed, maybe I should try it.

The design of mine is a clone of OK1QO, I cloned his idea of the mechanics and the magnetic action. The two levers share the Z pole, and the bearings have a play in the Z plane. The two magnets repel the levers in both Z and X axis thus correcting for the play in the bearings. This design may provide more accurate movement than the Pico Paddle with the cost of slightly larger size and the weight of the two bearings.

BTW, I am living 3D printers for the last 4 years. I am with Prusa Research, where I lead development of the PrusaSlicer.

73, Vojtech OK1IAK