Re: Palm Pico Paddle

Mike Olbrisch

I too sometimes shake my head in wonder……..  OTOH, I have some items that I wouldn’t think of selling for any reasonable price.  In the end, if a seller and a buyer agree on a price, whatever that price is, then it isn’t unreasonable to them.

Heck – someone just paid 1,000,800.00 (That’s 1 million and 800 dollars) for the baseball bat that Babe Ruth hit his 500th home run with.  To me that is just a carved stick.  But to at least two people, the seller and the buyer, that carved stick was worth a whole lot.

I have a 1944 M-1 Garand rifle here, I rechambered it in the modern 7.62mm x 51mm cartridge, and dropped it in a glass-bedded laminate stock.  You can buy them through the CMP all day for $650.00.  I wouldn’t sell this one for $5,000.00.  On a calm day it will hold 1200 meters.

My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife will sell my radios and guns for what I told her I paid.  I hope my son will step up and help sell the guns.  The radios?  Maybe will them to the grandson (KI5DYU).

Mike – KD5KC -- El Paso -- Texas.

Big Bend JEEP Rear