Re: Mmr 40

ajparent1/kb1gmx

Steve,

I did use toroids as I had them, built for 20M, and it was fine but it was not a cramped build
so not a big factor.  I found getting 10.7if cans to work (cap removed) on 20M was less than
optimum and opening them up and taking turns off more painful than winding a toroid.  IF
shielding was an issue being dead bug I could use 3/4" tall  divider walls made of copper clad
soldered to the base board.

The bigger issue is that tuning up using toroids mandated trimmer caps, so using 10.7 IF cans
for 40M is they are adjustable and much more convenient.