When Steve returns, he can probably prepare a processor for you with firmware. If this doesn't work out, please contact me, and I'll try to help. There are others on the list that can do this as well.
Good luck,
  - John, N0TA

On 5/2/2019 8:54 AM, dyerhard1972 via Groups.Io wrote:
Ok I took the back off this morning but the more i think about it the more i confuse myself. Here are the measurements I got.
Dit to dah 76k ohm power on 5.8m power off.
Dah to g 10.6m power on open power off.
Dit to g open both power on off. So if day is at 10.6m ohms to ground power on that's not enough to be short? So my chip would seem to be the issue. Correct??? Damn esd.
Jeff ke4fwe

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

-------- Original message --------
From: Steven Weber <steve.kd1jv@...>
Date: 5/1/19 1:23 PM (GMT-05:00)
Subject: Re: [kd1jvdesigns] Mtr3b kit problem

If the dash input is low, it goes into straight key mode. There could be a short to ground or the port is blown and the internal pull up not working. If the later, the processor needs to be replaced.

Steve kd1jv

My name is jeff ke4fwe and I have a question for the group. Several month's ago I found an inbuilt mtr kit on ebay that I purchased and built. It all works great with one exception it won't go into paddle mode. It was the middle of winter so I set it aside. Well now the weather is nice and I would like to use it. I studied the schematic and found the dash goes to pin 9 of chip u10 strait shot. I believe this issue has two possible problems a bad plug and I have tried several different paddles. The other would be a bad and or miss programmed u10 chip. Has anyone had a similar issue? I plan on taking it apart and checking the plug for continuity this weekend. I hope it's the plug.