Re: SB II build project

John VA7JBE

The screen lives!  Turns out I had it installed upside down (oops!). A friend of mine with a frequency counter (an old Heathkit IM-2420) helped me calibrate the crystal, which was only 87Hz off, but I'm encountering something interesting when I try to adjust the PA bias.  Maybe it's because I'm just shorting Mic/Gnd/PTT but I only see 110 mA on the DCC with the bias pot all the way CCW.  When i adjust it, it climbs very slowly to 122 mA then shoots up to more than 300 mA suddenly.  I'm not entirely sure what to make of that, has anyone else encountered anything like this?

Otherwise I'm pretty stoked with the progress so far!

Cheers,
John VA7JBE